Good morning Year 3 and welcome to the last home learning post of this half term. Thank you for all of your wonderful work during the last 6 weeks and please could you all thank your mums, dads and anyone else who has been helping you with your home learning. Their support has been amazing!
Today you are going to complete English, Math, Science and ICT.
I would like you to perfect your letter writing skills further. You are going to write to the council as if you are one of the farmers responding to a letter. Read the letter that has been sent to to Boggis, Bunce and Bean from the council because of the hole that they are digging. Write a letter back to the council, pretending that you are one of the farmers. Explain what has happened and why you are digging. You might want to ask the council to help you catch the fox! Try to keep your letter firm but polite – you are trying to persuade the council that you are right.
In your math lesson today you are going to be looking at scaling problems. Watch the video carefully and complete the worksheet.
For your science lesson this week, I would like you to carry on the work you began last week on shadows. Watch some of these videos from Drew Colby, he creates animal shows using shadows and his hands. Think carefully about the work you did last week, remember the nearer the object is to the light, the larger the shadow, watch the Snail work he does carefully. I would like you to create different animals within shadows and use this to make your own show.
Look at Drew’s You Tube page and choose some of the actions you would like to create for yourself.
This week you will be choosing different effects and styles to edit an Image. Using one image provided from the website you will transform it (through your editing) into at least 3 works of art! Pop art!
- Choose one of the following images then right click on the image and select ‘save as’ to save it onto your own device.
- Watch the first video which will show you how to upload an image into the Pop Art Studio.
- Go to Pop Art Studio website by clicking here.
- Upload the image you chose onto Pop art studio.
- Choose the ‘Che’ effect like in the video.
- Change the colours to suit your preferences and then change the contrast and any others with dropdown menus. Do not worry about understanding all the words, just have a go and see what effects they have on the image.
- Once you have an edited image you are happy with it you will need to screengrab the image and paste it into a document. Alternatively, you could have an adult take a picture of the image on the screen.
- Next use the same image to choose a different style. See my example for ideas but use any of the Pop Art or Andy Warhal styles.
- Finally using the same image again, choose a different style. See my example for ideas.
- If you would like to add anymore, please do!
Half term task – Lent
During Half Term we will enter into the liturgical season of Lent, starting with Ash Wednesday on 17th February.
Please read this PowerPoint together and think about making a Lenten Promise and following the Mission Together Lent Calendar.
I hope you all have a lovely half term and get lots of rest ready for all of our new learning after half term!